Monday, October 11, 2010

Crocodile Tears: CryBabies League Wrap-Up

Back in April I blogged about the head-to-head CryBabies League that I had joined for fantasy baseball. At the time I was in 6th place and had been destroyed in Week 1 by the Mush Heads. Here's how I ended that post:
We'll see how things go. Right now I've circled Week 8 on the calendar. That's when I can get my revenge against the Mush Heads.

Sadly, things didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Yes, I somehow managed to get my team into first place for one magical week in late June or early July, but then the wheels fell off. A bunch of my players slumped and/or got hurt, including pitchers Stephen Strasburg, Ricky Nolasco, and Josh Johnson. But the worst part was that I Iost all four regular season matchups with the Mush Heads -- and he knocked me out for good in the first round of the playoffs. That means I was 0-for-5 on the season against the Mush Heads. That was brutal! 

If it's any consolation to me, the Mush Heads went on to win the championship. So congratulations are in order for Michael Hayes and his Mush Heads' season of glory. I also should give props to Steroid to Heaven, who won the regular season and finished runner-up in the tournament to the Mush Heads.


Despite my poor performance, it was still a fun season. I'll leave you with this video that perfectly illustrates how confident I was going into the season -- and then what happened when reality hit.

No comments: