Monday, November 8, 2010

Thank you

Time sure does fly. Now that the 2010 World Series is over, this blog has made it through three complete baseball seasons (started in April 2008). I've really enjoyed having this outlet to write about baseball, and I hope that every now and then you might find something worthwhile here. A big thank you goes out to everyone who stops in, as well as to those who comment.  

One of the neat things about this year was getting to see both Pauly and Lisa start to blog more. (Although, Pauly hasn't blogged as much recently. Maybe we'll have to get on him about some basketball posts soon.) Another neat thing about this year was a new tradition established by the Chairman: Not finishing in UPL Baseball's top two. I'd like to see that tradition continue long into the future.

Speaking of traditions, I also started one. During this season, I tried to have a baseball trivia question ready every Monday morning. I hate Monday mornings, but I like trivia questions. So I figured that a Monday morning trivia question would give people something to look forward to on that most dreaded of days. At the very least it gave me something to look forward to. I had fun coming up with the questions and learned a few things along the way.

I haven't yet decided what to do with the trivia question during the offseason. I'm toying with the idea of switching it up. Instead of it being in a question format, maybe I'll make it a "Did You Know?" That way the knowledge shared can be a little more obscure and something different from what I've been doing the past many months. We'll see.

Thanks again for reading; and remember, if your team didn't win this year, there's always next year.

2 comments:

Chairman said...

Well, at least the O.N. Thugs have held on to some old traditions, including beating Westy, C-Lauff and Greg in fantasy baseball :-)

Greg McConnell said...

Ouch.

Although, it's a good thing you beat C-Lauff this season. He came dangerously close to topping you three seasons in a row. (Now this is where you reply, "Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, beats the Thugs three years in a row!")