Monday, August 11, 2008

Hit parade...

Big Z in big trouble: Last Saturday the Cards weren't kind to the Cubs' ace. 10 hits. 9 earned runs. 4 homers. One of Carlos Zambrano's worst starts ever. Ouch.

Red storm rising: No, not Russia or China. The '90 Reds. A few weeks ago I was 40 points out in the UPL. Now I'm just 20 points out.

The Tortoise and the Haren? During the All-Star break the O.N. Thugs offered me Carlos Quentin for Dan Haren. I gladly obliged, and here are their numbers since: Quentin: .417/.745 with 11 homers, 23 runs, 24 RBI. Haren: 4-1, 35 K in 33.1 IP, 4.05 ERA, 1.29 WHIP. Both have done well, but the important thing is that I'm closing like Jason Lezak on the Thugs...

Snakes on a plan: I really like the D-Backs' trade for Adam Dunn. That, combined with their earlier trade for Jon Rauch, makes them all the more dangerous if they make it to October.

Trivia: If Ryan Braun manages to hit 12 more homers this season, he will hold the record for most homers in the first two seasons of an MLB career. Who currently holds that record with 75?

4 comments:

Pauly said...

total guess on the trivia, but I say it's Ryan Howard.

And the Marlins are still (amazingly) holding strong. With Josh Johnson and Anibal Sanchez, you have 2 top-half rotation guys with no wear and tear on their arms going into mid-August (unless you count surgeries from 2 years ago). You need to always have a Marlins note :)

Greg McConnell said...

The answer to the trivia question is Joe DiMaggio.

You can find the answer at the end of this story:
http://www.fannation.com/articles/show/1876365

Greg McConnell said...

Oh, and Pauly, here's my Marlins note: This weekend the Cubs owned the Marlins. ;-)

Chairman said...

Don't forget, I also moved Mark Teixeira for Brandon Webb... and I'm still leading by a wide margin in the rate stats and in HR. We'll see if my pitching gamble has worked out, or if I tried to make the move too late.